HAPPY PANCAKE DAY! 🥞 If you’re not reading this on pancake day, no problem because any day is a good day to make pancakes! This is going to be a very simple and easy pancake recipe. At home, we usually make thin pancakes (which are really called crêpes). But for the sake of Pancake Day, this recipe will include baking power, the ingredient that makes them go thick! I have other recipes you can follow if you like this one btw 🤩.
- 1 1/2 cups of flour 🌾
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of milk 🥛
- 2 eggs 🥚
- Toppings 🍯
- If you whisk the ingredients: In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Then, add the liquids; the milk, eggs, and whisk to combine.
- If you blend the ingredients: You’ll want to do it the other way round; add the liquids first, where the blades are. After, add the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Blend for about 60 seconds
Heat a large frying pan. Fold a sheet of kitchen paper and moisten it with oil, then rub it on the pan. If you prefer, you can use butter instead of oil. Add the mix to the pan using even circles. You might be able to pour more than one depending on the size of the pan you’re using.
Cook until the surface of the pancakes have bubbles popping through. Slide a spatula under each pancake and flip! Leave for about 1-2 minutes and take it out of the pan.
What to serve with your pancakes
This is up to you and what you like and don’t like, of course. I’ve always loved a simple sugar + lemon combo, but I’ll add some ideas here:
- Syrup + Berries, blueberries, strawberries or banana. 🍓🍌
- Honey + fruit 🍯
- Nutella or chocolate syrup with any fruit. 🍫
- Lemon + Sugar 🍋